Any mom's out there have the Paragard IUD (copper 10 yr one) and get pregnant on it?

I'm looking to see if getting pregnant on Paragard IUD is a common thing? I had it placed in April 2006 after my daughter was born and then about a month ago I found out I was pregnant. I had my son March 4, 2011 and he was 3 months early due to the Paragard. I didn't know I was pregnant cause I was still having normal periods for 6 months!

FaerieWitchGrl

Asked by FaerieWitchGrl at 7:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• YES....i became pregnant after having the Paraguard IUD in last year. I now have an 11 month old son. I had the IUD in for a yr before i got pregnant with baby number 4. My OB removed my IUD when i went in to see if i was pregnant. It was still in place
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• was you baby full term or preemie if you don't mind me asking? My son was 3 months early and all the OBs from my office and all the NICU nurses say he came early because of the IUD
    FaerieWitchGrl

Comment by FaerieWitchGrl (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• OMG that is so scary because I have the paragaurd
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2011