What are your Kindergarten registration fees?

I am going to register DD for K next week (public school), for the upcoming school year. The fee is $150.00 OUCH!! I am just curious as to what others will pay.

KairisMama

Asked by KairisMama at 7:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• registration fees?? none here, just about $30 worth of school supplies/backpack.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• we dont pay anything to regiter our kids for Kindergarten
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Here the kindergarten pays half what the other kids do, even though it's all-day. I think it was around $85 for us when DS was starting, but it's gone up since then. And that's not counting the supplies, etc.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Maybe it is because I live in a smaller area. My property taxes aren't enough apparently.

KairisMama

Comment by KairisMama (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• PRIVATE school is $100..... and we live in a very small town (and its a very small private school) I haaaaaaaaaaaate the local public school, highly unlikely there's fees though since it's a pretty poor area. And of course tons of supplies and other hidden fees
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Public school? Here it was nothing. I mean there was optional PTA-$30 Class party fund $20 Yearbook- $15 .... but no fee to register.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• we dont pay anything here...thats outragous!!!!
    jeanspa305

Answer by jeanspa305 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• No registration fee here either, and we live in a small town. Now we would have to pay a busing fee if we wanted our daughter to ride the bus, but seeing as we live literally 5 doors down from the school, I doubt she'll be doing that.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I did a GOOGLE search on the district's fees and found a news article from last year. This is a DISCOUNT..LOL. They dropped from $200.

KairisMama

Comment by KairisMama (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• At our school the reg. fee for kindergarten is$175.00 and for 1st-8th grades it is $240.00.I always thought that all schools have a reg. fee until now. Wow....Wish I didn't have to pay.
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 8:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2011