my daughter is 9 and she is a brat and she always says i yell to much @ her. and she does not liike to listen to me what can i do?

i need help to make her listen to me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Gee, you just told me A LOT about the kind of parent you are. If a 9 yr old is a 'brat' its due to lack of discipline. That does not mean yelling and screaming. That does not mean hitting and beating. You need to attend parenting classes. You need to be consistant. You need to apologize to your daughter!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Well i think that you need to tell her that there would be no reason for yelling and disipline if she behaved - if she wants you to respect her then she needs to respect you first she is the child and children have rules.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 7:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• If you are calling your daughter a "brat" at any age, it's showing your disrespect to her. Start by treating her with kindness and never yell anyway. No child will listen to you with respect if you yell at them. Try writing an apology to your daughter and say what kind of relationship you wished that you had. Take her somewhere special that she likes and practice letting her be herself.
    Anonymous

• I can relate my daughter is almost 12 but 9 was hard it has gotten a little better now that there is more i can ground her from (like phone,going to a friends house,computer) I have to wonder how old this Anonymous persons kids are cuz my daughter has made me yell on more then one occation and i do not feel that i need classes on parenting, no one is perfect!!! I have found when me and my daughter start going at it we go for a drive away from the rest of the family usually she has had a bad day and takes it out on me and that way she can talk and by the time we get home she has calmed down. I just make sure i tell her i love her and i dont like how she is treating me. if all else fails she is grounded! Hope this helps you a little. Hang in there!
    Mamarach29

Answer by Mamarach29 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• listen, just to her then talk to her, let her know what you expect, but commnication these days is so important, you would rather her talk to you than talk to someone else although you maynot agree with what she is saying just listen, just like you want her to listen to you all about communication
    moms4x

Answer by moms4x at 1:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• STOP YELLING... If you want her to be more responsible give her more responsibility. Tell her what you want her to do not what she shouldn't do.
    check out this website http://www.parentingwithdignity.com

Simonsgirl

Answer by Simonsgirl at 9:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2008