My daughter was diagnosed with silent seizures should I send her to school tomorrow

Hi my daughter who is handicapped be 18 Friday started having silent seizures last week at school went to pick her up and then the emergency room she came home okay we did an EEG last Friday went to school Monday during lunch she had another one they called the life saving crew I had my niece she drops me off at the hospital her one on one aide rode with her, they did everything I got there at 12 :30 p.m. left at 6p.m boy here I was hungry and I got very tired and impatient mad at my niece for leaving its hard to find somewhere to park.

She took her sweet time coming to pick me up to well she did not start her medicine until yesterday afternoon gave to her at 3 she has to take a pill every 12 hours her schdule will change when she goes back to school I wont to send her back tomorrow but I am bone dead tired so far she has not had a seizure on top of this I asked my boyfriend to move out
Sunday the last 2 weeks with her have been rough I say maybe send her back Monday even with the medicine I am still scared she may have a seizure and they always happen at lunch from now on how should I handle which I know she has one here at home or school lifesaving crew called I did not have my cellphone charged I say eat for one then keep the cellphone charged buy sodas etc put some in the fridge pack something quick to take again I hate to say my niece made me mad but she did.

This is hard she was born with Downe's Syndrome she already gets SSI I wonder can she get more or apply for something else

blessed2877

Asked by blessed2877 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Call the school nurse and ask about protocol. They will likely need a note from her doctor instructing them what to do in case of a seizure. The school personel will then have to be instructed.

The nurse will let you know all the details.

Hugs Mama . . . it sounds like it has been really difficult lately . . . . I hope your daughter feels better soon.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Can she finish school with something like www.ConnectionsAcademy.com It is public school and they have alot of the programs for special needs kids. Check and see if it is in your state.
    Anonymous

• Get as much support as you can. Try to connect with people who know the system and are going through similar issues. Google forums for parents of handicapped children and maybe you can find a good site to make friends and get info. You need to feel informed and secure with any decision you make!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2011