Contractions

Is it possible to get lucky and not have bad contractions? LOL

ohprettymommy

Asked by ohprettymommy at 8:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my contractions with my 2nd son were not as bad as they were with my first, third and fourth babies. I didnt think i was in real labor because i was 38 weeks when i went into labor and the pain was not that bad. My contractions did not get any closer than 12minutes apaprt, but by the time i finally went to labor/delivery i was 5 1/2 centimeters dialated and had my son 1 1/2 after i arrived at the hospital. So the answer to that question is yes...but not likely..lol
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• you need a high pain tolerance or some way to block out the pain
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• when your actually in labor it hurts, i doubled over with pain but it was a quick ride to the hospital and got some meds to ease the pain a little. the good thing is it's over before you know it and you forget all about the pain.....mostly :)
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My contractions were not bad until my water broke. If you can hold off on getting you water broke you may be able to go longer without bad contractions.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't know yet but I am glad you asked the question!
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i think it all depends on your pain tolerance. for me i really didnt have that bad of contractions i had epidurals with both but i only did that after i began to feel uncomfortable because i didnt want to miss my window and i wanted to make sure i had a enjoyable labor. but even at the uncomfortable phase i didnt feel like i was in that much pain and i didnt get epis until i was between 6 and 7 cm. but i know i could have done it med free with both and not have too much pain.
    but again i think its all in pain tolerance and i do have a high pain tolerance. i rarely take any type of pain meds and most time ill wait out a headache or cramps until they are gone or until i feel its lasted too long like over a day and im just sick of dealing with it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2011