How would you react if your child had this happen to them???

You child was dropped off to you on Sunday evening with bruises on both their legs from their knees down to their ankles from your ex having them for the past week. Your ex tells you that once your child woke up on Sunday morning they had appeared and she suspects a ghost did it. When you question "A Ghost?" they says yes, there has been some weird things happening in their house. Things moving from one place to another, unexplained water in a tea kettle. But once you ? it again about a ghost is the one putting bruises on your child, your ex says "Yes I am having a priest come and bless the house to hopefully get rid of the ghost. I hope I don't do anything to make it mad so that it wont harm me." They are adamant that a ghost is the one causing the issues. Your ex leaves and you ask your child what happen to make you get all the bruises on their legs they answer "A ghost at mommies house did it." You look at the bruises and you can tell they are about 5 or 6 days old not 12 hours. They are dark but brown because you can tell they are healing.

How would you handle/ react to this if it happened to you?

EDIT:

A report was filed with Social Services, the child has went to the dr and had a FULL exam and thankfully nothing is broken. We have had an interview with CPS and they have done a visit to the ex's house and they feel the child is in no danger. They feel that the ex is not going to harm the child. They also feel that if we were to go get a Protective order for the child, the judge would more than likely not give it to us since there is not past mental diseases. In the visit to the ex's house they said the "ghost story" was just a joke. It was not to be seriously taken. We now are concerned then where are the bruises coming from if the "ghost story" was a joke???

annabelle092810

Asked by annabelle092810 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would call CPS for sure.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'd take my child to the DR. immediately for and examination.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Girl, get that baby away from this nut. Come on, do you really need our advice? Call CPS, and file for "PERMANENT" custody immediately, and trust me, you will win.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Is there reason to suspect the ex of abuse? The ghost thing is just odd. Had the child been outside? Perhaps riding a bike, that is where bruises show up from the pedals hitting the shins. I think if I had any doubt I would take pictures and see a doctor just so it was documented and be very cautious about things happening in the future.
    Anonymous

• I'd be pissed.Ghost my A$$! Please your not dumb come on now.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Maybe it's not the ex, but his girlfriend. Besides what they did was not funny! Especially when your child comes home with bruises on her legs. What were they thinking? They need to grow up!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Since they've admitted the ghost story was a joke, ask them again how did this child get these bruises? They need to have an answer for that, a legitmate answer. Tell them these bruises are not a joke to you and you want to know what happened. Also requestion the child, since you now know the ghost story was a joke.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would figure out a way to keep my child from that place.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2011