After having a baby it is said that it takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal and stop bleeding has it ever taken less time to heal and stop bleeding?

AydinsMommy2311

Asked by AydinsMommy2311 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Health

• stop bleeding yes. Heal,not really. The 4-6 weeks window is given with good reason

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• For me I don't even stop bleeding for about 8 weeks. I suppose everyone is different.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Agreed. The bleeding will most likely stop before then but it does take the 4-6 weeks at least to heal! I was able to function for the most part to do most things after about 2-3 weeks with little pain, but don't overdue it.
    AshellG27

Answer by AshellG27 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It all depends on the person. I had c-sections with my kids but I still bleed for 1 - 2 weeks after they were born and had to be careful not to pop a stitch - with my first two I felt normal after a total of about 4 weeks, with my third though it was about 6 weeks before I felt normal again.
    Anonymous

• I stopped bleeding after 2.5 weeks (I was only spotting the last 5 days or so) and I had my regular period back by 5.5 weeks. I wasn't totally healed yet, though. If nothing else, the place where I had torn and had stitches was still sore a little bit.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I had a c-section, and I stopped bleeding at about 3 1/2 weeks, but then my period returned at 4 weeks!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2011