Why dont some women stay with there 1st baby's father?

like when you are young moms tend to have more than 1 babys father help me out i want to know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• My friend isn't with her son's baby's father. He was kind of a deadbeat. Her daughter's father is still around but he's kind of a dumbass. At least he helps out with his daughter AND my friend's son, though.

I guess some of them just can't handle raising a child together and it affects the relationship. I don't understand why they continue to pop out child after child, though. Like, I don't see why my friend, having had one child with a guy she barely knew, didn't take every precaution out there to prevent a second unplanned pregnancy.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 8:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Because he was physically and mentally abusive.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I tried to make if work with my 1st borns deadbeat drug head loser father. he ended up leaving me for someone who liked living like trash and didn't care if they could never pay their bills
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• No offense to anyone, but it seems like some of these young mothers get pregnant by losers the first time around. An average woman can date a guy and think he's the greatest guy in the world when in fact he's just a loser and has a chance to either get dumped by the loser or leaves him before anything can happen (ie sex, pregnancy or marriage). But these young girls don't get a chance to go thru the break up because unfortunately they make bad decisions.
    MommaNay156

Answer by MommaNay156 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My oldest daughter's dad was great! He was working, didn't drink or do drugs, he was working on going back to school. He was always respectful, kind, patient. We talked about getting married. Things were perfect until he went home. He was home for a couple of weeks when he was served papers for DNA. He had been with his girlfriend for a couple of years, and he decided to leave town. He wanted to travel and see the world. His ex never told him that she was pregnant, and the child was 4 when he found out he was a dad. He felt horribly guilty for not being in her life, and wanted to stay there and help her. Her mom didn't have anything, they were barely surviving. He did come back after my daughter was born, but he didn't stick around. He said he felt compelled to stay in his home town and help his other daughter. But I moved on and got married to the greatest guy in the world who took the role of dad quite well.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• MommaNay156, I agree with you for the most part. Most young girls don't really realize what type of person the guy IS and they just "fall in love" with who they WANT this guy to be. I'm 22 and the mom of a 3 year old, and me and her father dated really young and got pregnant at 18. However, her dad was always a good person, hard working, and yeah we had our problems and we split up while I was pregnant, but he is a great dad. There is very little drama if any, and he is married now (me and his wife are really good friends) and he likes my current boyfriend. He see's DD weekly, it's really a great situation. I just feel I got so lucky because I always hear horror stories of young moms and their baby's dad's being deadbeats. Even though me and her dad aren't together, it doesn't mean there had to be drama or something REALLY bad happened..just didn't work out between us..but it worked out great for our daughter. She is so happy.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It isn't always young mothers; my cousin was with her son's father for 7 years before they had a kid and he simply walked out when their son was 2 years old claiming petty crap was too much to handle (after a total of 9 years together) and my cousin was 30 at the time. Now she's married with a baby girl and her husband is the only dad her son knows. I'm not with my son's father because he was abusive; both physically and mentally.
    Anonymous

• I have one child and I'm not with his father, because his father and I are divorced.
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It seems to me that some people (men and women) make poor choices

Answer by rkoloms at 10:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My son's father left me when I was 6w pregnant with our son. I was 17 yrs old and he was 26. He went on to the next woman and my son has a brother that is 7w younger than he is. My life is not advertised to anyone (except now) and my son fits in with the rest of the children so people assume all of the children belong to me and hubby. I am glad it didn't work out or I wouldn't have my husband or the rest of my children. My son is an oops that I don't regret and an oops that I didn't do more than once. :)
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:03 AM on Mar. 17, 2011