My roommate's best friend died today and she just found out...what do I say to her? what do I do?

She's just sitting there sobbing...

I don't know what to do and I'm freaking out here, I'm fighting back tears and trying to figure out the best way to help her and I just don't know.

Someone help me deal with this please?

19 years old and died of a brain aneurysm...life is so cruel sometimes.

davila26

Asked by davila26 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Just be there for her. Not sure of your religious beliefs, or her's but prayers are always a good thing at a time like this. You all and, the family of the person who died will all be in my prayers. What a terrible tragedy.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'm so sorry. You have my heartfelt sympathy as does she and her family. Be there for her, listen, let her cry on your shoulder and talk .. Just talk..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Just be there to support her and a shoulder to cry on.Be her rock.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 8:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Like the others said, just be there for her and let her cry and talk about her best friend.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'm sorry for both of you. You could say, "I'm here for you. If there's anything I can do for you, let me know." Something along those lines. HUGS to both of you.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'm so sorry to hear that. Just let her know that you will be there for her. When she's ready to talk tell her you'll be there, she needs to know that she's not alone. Also, go in there and give her a hug! I'm sure she needs one right about now.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Start with a HUG!!!!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You can't really help if she doesn't want it....just make yourself available.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 2:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2011