Do you use a prescription pre-natal vitamin?

I had been using "one a day" pre-natals, which are really two a day. My doctor on Monday gave me a few different samples of prescription pre-natal vitamins.

So far I have only tried one kind, called CitraNatal Assure. After three days on this vitamin I feel less morning sickness and am having less trouble with constipation.

There are three other samples I haven't tried yet.

Has anyone else used prescription vitamins?
Which ones?
Did they help?

angelmommy11

Asked by angelmommy11 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you are looking for something natural, you can order from Nature's sunshine. Here is a link to see it if you would like to check it out.

http://www.naturessunshine.com/us/product/natures-prenatal-180-tabs/sku-4917.aspx

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Thanks Peajewel. I was really suffering from some serious nausea (like I hadn't held down food in two days) so I am not likely to switch from this one I am taking now.

I'm just curious if it's worked this kind of magic for other people.
    angelmommy11

Comment by angelmommy11 (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If you've found one that doesn't make you nauseated, stick with it! I know many of them tend to make women queasy, so I'd go with one that doesn't for sure. I used Nature Made, and I had to take it RIGHT before I fell asleep (as in, was already in bed, wound down, and about to fall asleep), otherwise I got nauseous.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• everything made me sick so i took the vitamin right before bed and i was ok.
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I cannot take the prescription. They make me too sick, every pregnancy, no matter when I take them. My doctor ended up telling me to go to 2 chewable child's vitamins each day, and that is what worked for me. It was a relief to know that my baby was finally getting the vitamins, and to not be throwing up water and food for the sake of a vitamin.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• yeah - it's a fine balance between taking vitamins and not getting enough calories cause of being so sick!
    angelmommy11

Comment by angelmommy11 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I was sick from 6 days after ovulation through my delivery room with my first, and looking back, I wonder how much of it was from those vitamins. I was making myself take them thinking that it was best for my baby, but having seen how much better it can be, and knowing that she was only 5lbs 12 oz full term makes me really question it. I've had times even when I'm not pregnant but TTC and on prenatals that they have made me sick...I just do NOT tolerate them well!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Im taking a prescription prenatal vit...Prenatal Plus Tablets...It was free through my insurance...It makes me a lil sick sometimes so i take it right b4 i go 2 bed...
    Curtessia1

Answer by Curtessia1 at 1:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• the prenatals my dr prescribed for me my pharmacist actually said i was allergic to...i have a soy allergy and they contained it but of course the doctor wouldnt know that..i actually take the rexall brand you get at the dollar store because they are soy free and gluten free my pharmacist said that they will do just fine and if i need any more folic acid to just let my dr write me a prescription for it
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 3:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2011