Why do women love to brag about their relationships?

It seems to me that lately EVERY young woman gets into a relationship, quickly falls inlove, and feels the need to tell everyone (even people who don't care) about how "perfect" her relationship or her man is. I would really like to know why some women feel the need to do this? What are they trying to prove? Please answer this because it makes no sense to me.

MommaNay156

Asked by MommaNay156 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

•  I knew a few that bragged about their relationships constantly. I wanted to be happy for them, but they knew and I knew, the man that they were with were only doing a couple of "nice" things, in order to continue that hold he had on her. The bad things in those relationships outweighed the good. There was constant cheating, verbal and  physical abuse. Eventually the bragging turned from a cover-up to excuses. Now, this wasn't every woman I encountered. There was and still are women who actually brag, because they do have it good. I don't mind listening. I do care. Have you ever seen happy woman in love? They make the world go around :)  It's the bitter women you or anyone else should be avoiding. Trust me.

LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Maybe they're just happy and can't help sharing their good news.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Nothing wrong with love uplifting someone.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree they are probally just happy and want to thier it with others.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Alot of my Facebook friends do this on their status updates. Most of the time it makes me want to throw up in my mouth. Blaaaaaah.
    AshellG27

Answer by AshellG27 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• some are just giddy from the new love others are trying to cover up how unhappy they are .
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I would say they are happy and wanting to spread the good word. Why not let them enjoy that feeling?!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• They are happy.  

ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 9:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• LOL well I wish I could brag but my relationship.....
    Anonymous

• Wow. Some of you are really bitter. Some women are just happy, and proud of their husbands/boyfriends. I am like that, and we've been married almost 14 years. And yes, many times you will see on my Facebook status that my husband kicks ass, because he does, and sometimes it still amazes me that we got so lucky.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011