Question about a 2 year old boy's head

my cousin's son's head is developing strangely. Quick background info,she starved him as a baby. He didn't grow at all for 6 mo,doc found severe malnutrition. He has actually lost 3 lbs since his birthday in October,he was 25lbs,he's now 22.
She posted pics she took today during her visit and I noticed that either his lower face and jaw are not growing,or his forehead and top of his head are growing too fast,because he now looks like he has achondroplasia dwarfism if you know what I'm talking about. Is this a sign of malnutrition? I'm really worried about the lil guy. Hopefully the doc says something at his next appointment.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have no idea. It could be or the baby could have been born with a disorder that is just showing itself. There really isn't anything you can do but wait for the doctor to figure it out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Ok. Talk to the custodial parent . . . . ask them to mention it at the next visit. I don't know if your cousin is involved in the doctor visits or not, but she can also call in. If the child has a case worker, anyone can call with concerns . . . the case worker should make sure that it is addressed.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Why does your cousin still have custody? Hasn't she shown to be unfit?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• She doesn't. She gets twice weekly visits

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011