Is this joyful and loving?

Since there seems to be so much conversation today here and in R&B about how Christians are so picked on and victimized, I'm curious how these answers fit.  They're all from one question - hardly the only one where things like this happen, but significant because it's a question that had absolutely NOTHING to do with any Abrahamic religion, did not mention them in anyway, and frankly, pertained to nothing that even invited Christian responses.  This amounts to a third of all the answers the question received.

"PUT THE PENDULUM DOWN,AND PICK UP THE BIBLE. YOU GET YOUR ANSWERS THERE. "

"I thought this was a frickin clock question "
(and those were the first 2 answers, within 10 minutes, before anyone who actually understood it even had a chance to reply)

"lol. ******, I thought the same thing." (referring to the 2nd answer)

"the Bible shows guidance!!! "

"Are you people kidding me?"

And, no, this wasn't my question, it's not even my path, but just one more shining example of how Christians are so persecuted here loving Christians express their views towards other faiths.  Now, how is it again that there are so many questions picking on Christians for no reason while all the other faiths are left alone?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Good example NP. Unfortunately I think it will fly over heads.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• And then there are also those who also believe that anyone who contradicts them or offers criticism or a different point of view is bashing or being offensive...

And I know that until you get to know the members and understand how to take their comments its easy to misunderstand their meaning or intent, in terms of attitude behind them. But just because a question or answer is difficult or unpleasant doesn't mean it was given out of a negative kind of intention....

I think there are some members who have been around long enough who would rather butt heads than realize that someone's not picking on them personally, or are so wrapped up in their POV everything that's contradictory is offensive, but to be honest I don't think there really is a lot of "bashing" based on faith. From what I see any sort of negativity is directed towards individuals who have offered offenses of their own. Its more about the individual attitude....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think a lot of the time we see people who aren't as familiar with this section see a Christian and a non-Christian butting heads and, especially if the Christian is one of the few who don't get along well with non-Christians (because, hey, lets admit it - there is a spectrum of respect and tolerance in this forum, and the Christians we have in here fall all over that spectrum, from the more accepting and tolerant to the disrespectful and intolerant, just as people of other faiths can also fall anywhere on the spectrum - though most of the non-Christians on here do tend to fall more on the accepting side, minus the rare few (really, just one or two) who don't...) and assume the issue is about religion, as opposed to the reputation or interaction the individual has earned for herself (generally speaking, mind you). Its easy to miss that its about the dynamic and interaction between specific members when you first join.. (cont)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If you look at the answers in the "joyful" questions you will see the same old, same old from the other side-
    There are two warring factions in the RD/R&B sections and they show up with the some version of the same response-one side says they are persecuted, the other side says not so-it goes around and around and around-
    Neither side is persecuted-it just the same stuff re-written a million different ways- I think the questions tend to have more of an anti-Christian slant, but the answers show crap on both sides- some of the anti-Christians really like to post questions, some of the judgmental Christians never ask questions, they just answer them-
    You can not judge the section by the titles alone-you have to see the whole conservations that go on and it becomes pretty clear-
    The only "safe" ones in this section seems to be Muslims but I guess its because they take their beating in P&CE-thats where the anti-Muslims seem to go-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Goes back to my birds of a feather theory- its the usual suspects with the usual types of responses-JMO
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i don't really have a dog in this fight, since i try to avoid these things..unless i'm provoked..but all i see are two responses that 'could be' by xtians. no proof of them, or even the other three. this is the internet, after all..no one really has a truth-handle on anyone's sn or response.

but i do get a kick out of all the bickering..not in a jolly-goodtime kinda way..but in a ''wth? aren't we supposed to be grown women, setting examples for our kids?" kinda way. *shaking my head*
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have not looked at that question but all I can say is perhaps it is the "person(s)" not necessarily the religion being attacked? The thing is....If you want to be treated with respect and love then do the same to others. Respect their opinions, faith and beliefs while holding to your own. That doesn't mean shoving your belief down someones throat and saying that they are wrong. Now, I will go look at this question lol
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Interesting. I didn't check out the pendulum question because I know nothing about pendulums. lol. If a Christian response isn't invited, I rarely bother reading it. I have seen some posts though, that are directed at Christians only and "the choice few" who aren't still feel the need to throw their 2 cents in and usually in a smartass manner. jmo. I think bandgeek answered this question quite nicely.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• oh and I never opened that question.. wow ... just wow... the responses you posted from there were from Christians who I believe need to know more about the love of Christ. JMHO Those kinds of responses will get you nowhere.... period! Granted I make mistakes in some of my responses but that is not something I would tell someone. Its not the best approach and does more damage than good.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• At least you owned up to what you said Sissy and I hope you do see how it can be considered offensive. Even if that was not your intent it was how it was taken. It may have come across better if you would have asked more about the practice of using a Pendulum. It is better to ask then to assume. Just sayin

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2011