Do you know your childs blood type?

just wondering because I don't know my girls' blood types I asked the hospital, but they said they didn't know it (which I thought they would cause I know they draw blood don't they?) I even asked their doctor and they don't know it either. Is there a way to find out the blood type? My mom had mine written in my baby book. That is another reason I wish I new because there is a spot in their baby books to put their blood type, but I don't know what it is. My husband doesn't know his blood type either so I deffinatly don't know what my kids blood types can be. When I got pregnant with my first daughter they also told me what my blood type was.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• LP doesn't even know what his is, because he has never had to. Since I am A+, the blood test (is it Rh?) that they do during pregnancy has never been an issue. It is my understanding that if I had a negative blood type and he had a positive it could potentially be a problem, but as long as I am a positive type, the kids wouldn't be affected. We've never had to learn for the kids either for any reason yet. I'm curious now though! LOL!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• No I don't. I didn't know mine until I donated blood and the blood bank told me what it was.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My husband and I are both O+ so I know that all 3 of our girls are also 0+. Not sure where u would go to find out tho, good luck.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• yes,same as me.O+

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• because of my blood type the hospital found out the same day i gave birth so my little girl is just like mommy AB-
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't know my children's blood type but I know its on file with their doctor and at the hospital - it seems really odd that the hospital wouldn't have it, at the hospital where my children were born they tell you that blood typing is done at birth along with the usual blood tests. My mom told me awhile ago she only knew my blood type because I needed blood transfusions when I was born (I was 9 weeks early) and she wrote it in my baby book but then we couldn't find the book and she couldn't remember it from memory so I didn't find out until I donated blood and when I got my donor card it had my blood type on it.l
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• ya I called the hospital when my older dd was born for something and so I asked them and they said they didn't have it and that they wouldn't know it. So I called the doctors office and they told me that they don't know what it is
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I know one child's blood type and that is becasue they drew it when she was born due to being slightly jaundice. I know my youngest's bloodtype but not her RH factor.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have no clue. I only know my own...B+ because I've had 5 c-sections and I saw it written on a paper I had to sign. I've never needed to know their blood types so it's never come up. I don't worry about it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• sad to say but no i dont i dont even know my own
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2011