How do you get sleep with a 2 week old baby in the house, how do you find the time?

AydinsMommy2311

Asked by AydinsMommy2311 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you sleep when they sleep
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You nap when the baby does.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• :( Sometimes, you don't. Try letting the household stuff slide and laying down every time baby is down. You need to try to recover.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• congratulations! im ttc and i would love to have the sleep problem!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I used to struggle with getting enough sleep, but six kids later I gradually learned to sleep with Baby. Having her in bed with me means I can breastfeed her as necessary during the night without fully getting up and awake, so I can just fall back asleep easily when she does. It really is a lifesaver. You can't function well and be a good mommy to your kids if you're sleep-deprived. Also sleep when she does during the day if you need to. The trick there is to try to get your chores done when she's awake so you don't feel overwhelmed with things you need to do when she naps.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Sleep when they sleep and try not to worry about anything else. Don't worry, it will get better.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• The first few weeks try to lay down when the baby is sleeping. Congratulations
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 9:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You forget about housework and everything else and do yourself and the baby a favor and sleep whenever the baby does. Everything else will still be there and is in no way close to being as important. Post-partum depression can be triggered from lack of sleep, that is what happened to me when my daughter had colic. The better you feel, the better the baby will feel and in turn, you will both get more rest. I hope for all the best and lots more zzzzzzz's.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Everyone has already said it but I will say it again because it's important: Sleep when your baby sleeps! Even if you take just one nap a day (although I recommend 2 or more lol) you will feel that much better.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• i could never sleep when he slept at least not during the day
    at night i got accustomed to being woken every 3 hrs that it didn't phase me anymore
    you'll manage
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2011