Do you think it's wrong of me to NOT want to go to the party TOO?

So I am standing up in my SILs wedding. I am, DH is, and our 2 kids. Well SIL is excited for her upcoming wedding of course. We just had a day out on Saturday picking out and buying the dresses. Good, it's done with. :)

Well I've come to realize that the month of July is going to be BUSY as hell.
July 15- My bothers wedding (I am ALSO IN)
July 17- Birthday pary at the in laws

ONE WEEK LATER
Sun July 24- SILs bridal shower

ONE WEEK LATER
Sat July 30- SIL is throwing herself a birthday party

ONE WEEK LATER
Sat August 6- SIL is having a bachelorette party

I get along with my SIL, but I cannot take her 4 weekends in a row, 3 of them revolving around her. LOL If you KNEW SIL you'd understand.

I told DH I'd really like to just stay home the Saturday of her birthday bash. DH doesn't have to go to the shower or the bachelorette party, but I do. He seems a little upset, but at the same time kind of understands. IMO SIL should not even be throwing herself a HUGE birthday party when she is HAVING A BRIDAL SHOWER AND BACHELORETTE PARTY so close anyway, but that's what she does.

Anyway am I being mean if I skip one of the SIL events? I really am going to want/NEED one of those weekends off. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It doesn't sound like you're being selfish to me. If SIL mentions it, just tell her that it isn't a good day. She wants more details? "July is a crazy month, and that's just one of many crazy days!"
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 9:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• No I do not think you are mean. It would put me in a bad mood ot have so much going on at once so I would stay home because me in a bad mood isn't fun for anyone.
    mandyandthree

Answer by mandyandthree at 9:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't 't think you are mean either. You need some personal time too!
    AmandaMonique

Answer by AmandaMonique at 9:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree, you need a little personal time! Summer is too short.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 10:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Maybe you should get "food poisoning" that day..... wink, wink
    kmstockwell

Answer by kmstockwell at 10:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yeah say no, you do not have to do everything. You just don't!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• The fact that she has the entire month of July dedicated to herself and stamped on her friends and family's calendar tells me just about all I need to know. I would just tell her that July is busy because of (insert reason), and that you will pretty much only be able to do the stuff that is wedding related.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i agree with your choice.....i do not blame you for not wanting to go to ONE of her events......im sure you have things you need to do as well.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2011