Is there any chance of me getting a false negative from an EPT Test?

I went to see my BF on the 10th of Feb we had unprotected sex on the 10th-12th, He ejeculated inside of me each time, but I was on birth control and My period started on the 13th of Feb. Once my period started I quit taking my birthcontrol for good becasue I wouldn't be seeing him again for 4months. I am now 3 days late (i am NEVER LATE), but having menstrual cramps like I am on my period, but no bleeding jsut discharge. I got nervous so I drank a bottle of water then took a test 10mins after the bottle of water... it came back "not pregnant" but I'm still not sure. I s there any chance that this is a false negative or am I just being paranoid?

CuriousGirl3

Asked by CuriousGirl3 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is possible to get a "false negative" for a variety of reasons. If you are really worried I would see a doctor.

However - going off of birth control can cause all sorts of wacky things to happen. When I stopped mine it took me 6 months to get back on a normal cycle. Given the stoppage of birth control I wouldn't "worry" about pregnancy until the period is a week or more late.
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If you're only 3 days late, just wait a couple more days. It could be nerves. You can get a false negative, try taking the test first thing in the morning next time.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• ept tests test for a hormone that is only made by the plecenta. You have to have an implanted ovum to make this hormone.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I got a negative on an EPT test only to get a positive 3 days later......
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I just read that again,I am 99.9999999% sure you're not pregnant. If you had a period right after you had un protected sex,you're not pregnant

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Stopping birth control will mess with your period. I'd be certain you are not pregnant.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If you stopped your birth control AFTER you had your last cycle which was AFTER you last had sex with your BF (unless you've had sex with someone else) - you are not pregnant.
    Stopping your birth control can cause your cycle to go out of whack.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• thank you, please elaborate?
    CuriousGirl3

Comment by CuriousGirl3 (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Thank you all I appreciate the feedback
    CuriousGirl3

Comment by CuriousGirl3 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2011