Do u have a hard time falling asleep?

I have always had a really hard time sleeping? I am 28 & have had a hard time since I was about 14. I am very out going and full of energy so its just hard to get settled down at the end of the night . Now Im trying to stop drinking caffine and working out after dark cause I know that does not help. Any suggestion?

bubbaelea22

Asked by bubbaelea22 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Health

• i got nothing to help but i do feel your pain
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 10:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• try reading a really boreing book or come chamomile tea (sp) or rub yourself down with some lavender lotion before bed, some warm milk, avoid caffeine, go to bed and get up at the same time everyday even on weekends, do a nite time ritual like shower tea boreing book then bed. i dont usually have a hard time going to sleep but occationally i do when i cant get my mind to stop racing so i usually just get up and find something really boreing on tv or read a boreing book and eventually i get tired. gl.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My husband has always had sleeping issues as well. He now takes a perscription from our Dr. to help him fall asleep, I can say as the spouse I sleep much better now that he is resting. He also wakes up much easier to.
    Sabrina
    csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 10:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have the same problem. Reading a book always makes me tired really fast so that's what I do pretty much every night once I get in bed.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 10:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My mother has had terrible sleep issues her entire adult life, and now, so do I. It makes me wonder if it can be inherited. It takes me forever to fall asleep, and then if I wake up for any reason, it takes me forever to fall back to sleep. I would say that if I wake up after 4:30 - 5am, that is it for my night. I am up. I don't think I've gotten 8 hours of sleep in over a decade. :( Unisom helps me fall to sleep faster, and then when I wake up at night, it makes it easier for me to fall back to sleep, but I feel groggy all day afterward.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• oh something i forgot try taking some melationin. you can find it in the vitamin section. its the same thing your brain produces at nite to help you sleep. it may help with getting to sleep. i knew someone that used to take it and it seemed to help him alot.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I've always had trouble going to sleep, and nothing seems to help. So I just watch a long movie or something to try to get me tired.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• A warm glass of milk, some lavender oil, a hot bath .
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• when I feel sick I can't sleep at all sometimes if I feel doom it keeps me up at night pacing the floors.However when I was young it was hard to fall asleep cause I wanted to be out their at night being a social butterfly. Now I dread mornings cause I know my kids are gonna fight and I'm not handling that too well.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2011