• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone have any experience with pressure points to induce labor naturally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't actually have experience but the woman who I scheduled a pre-natal massage with mentioned that having foot massages with people who aren't familiar with prenatal massage could inadvertently push some point around the the ankle and heel that induces labor! I was stunned to hear that!
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i have thought about getting a massage to help things move along.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• well i didn't do it to induce labor. basically when i started having contractions i did not stop moving at all.i did not sit down once cause i wanted to keep it moving. on the drive to the hospital after about 5 hours since i had to sit down in the car i was working the pressure point in between the thumb and index finger to keep it going
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I haven't heard of that but what I did with my last daughter was take a brisk walk with deep rythmic breathing. I was in labor 5 hours later. The contractions stopped and (this will sound bad but it works) so I began to play with my nipples, lol, REALLY. It releases oxytocin into the body which is what spurs labor, they started again for me and I gave birth.
    vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 10:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have used this with laboring moms but only to augment.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Not to start labor, just to help with pain management.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I haven't but I have seen youtube videos on it....
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2011