How does your family pamper you when you're expecting?

CoffeeWriter

Asked by CoffeeWriter at 10:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• First 2 pregnancies I was soooo the pampered princess. All I'd have to do is say that I was thirsty and dh would jump and get me whatever I wanted. I still worked and did things but I also very much milked it. When we were trying to get pregnant the second time I even threw in a few can you please I may be carrying your child! lol
    3rd pregnancy things were too busy and I had depression and honestly our relationship was not the strongest. I was in school with 2 young children and he was working 12 hr shifts and a ton of overtime. We were not a happy couple so that pregnancy I was on my own mostly.
    Due with #4 anytime now and I am happy to report that we are back on track and stronger than ever. I did however have bleeding and complications with this pregnancy so he has taken over a lot of house duties.
    Pedicures are a must to when pregnant and oddly I haven't had time for one this time around, maybe tomorrow.....
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Well - my hubby has been great. He's taking on allot of the chores and making sure I have the snacks I want.

When I get down on myself for not "doing enough" he reminds me that he survived alone for years before he met me and he's pretty sure he can hold down the fort for a while now. :)

He also helped budget in money for pre-natal massage!
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Let's see: they gave me lots of activities to help me keep fit. I had to wash dishes, mow the lawn, cook, clean and tidy up after the other kids. pamper? You said? No, not really....
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• lol pamper? yea right. I'm not complaining, I never asked them nor did I expect them to pamper me. I was pregnant not terminally ill. I still did all my usual activities up until the end and even then I cut out the bike riding, long hikes, water slides, tree climbing, re-arranging furniture, etc (only because those things made me sore and/or made my legs and ankles swell up to a ridiculous size) but other than that I still wanted to do everything for myself. Even if they had offered I wouldn't have accepted any pampering.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Pregnant women get pampered? Well someone outta let my man in on this!!!! He wont even give me a back massage! lol. I go to work, and school full time. And, I am a full time maid cleaning up after him and our jerk room mate! (Who thank heavens is moving out in MAY). Hmmmm, I will let him know cafemom says I should be pampered ;)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Judimary...you just about made me pee my maternity pants. LOL. I would say I get exactly zero special treatment at home. The ladies at work will help me out sometimes! That counts for something!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Mu husband helps a lot. He rubs my feet and makes extra sure to make sure I feel pretty. He suprises me with things that make my life easier.

Kiddo quit jumping on me.

My mom buys me lunch a lot
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My husband rubbed my feet all the time and got me things. Rubbed my back and shoulders. My family mostly bought me things.
    AydinsMommy2311

Answer by AydinsMommy2311 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my 20 year old brother cooks dinner and cleans for me and rubs my feet my 11 year old brother massages my hands my husband takes the dogs out and rubs my back my close friend paid for me to get a pedicure before my baby shower..other than that i dont get too pampered lol i work 40 plus hours a week and pay all the bills so they figure they owe me something lol
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 3:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• i still had to clean, wash laundry...washer was on the opposite side of the back yard (huge yard) and in the back half a 2 1\2 acer(sp??) property was th cloths line that i had to haul the clothes to and hang up. if i was lucky, i had at least mac and cheese for something to eat and maybe once a week i could buy something that i had been craving all week. but i had an extreamly goood pregnancy, delivery and now i have healthy 3 year old lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 17, 2011