YAY FOR CHRISTMAS :(!!!!!!!!!!

Is your money situation making your christmas look really sad? I know mine sure as heck is, i dont even think we will have a tree because we just cant afford it. I have a three year old (of course he will get things from family, but mommy and daddy not so sure). Just wanted to see how everyone else is dealing with the crisis, because i am starting to really stress out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• i bought my daughter a few things can't afford much but christmas isn't bout presents its bout who u share it with
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• we're gonna just end up being late on our bills. we've decided to pay half of certain bills this month, and not pay next month, so we can use that money for Christmas. We'll try to catch up in January.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I save a little each month. Years ago I confided in an older friend of mine that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to afford Christmas and she said "Why? You didn't save for it? It's not like it's a surprise every year. It doesn't sneak up on you. Save some for it every month". Let me tell you....11 years ago that was so hard to hear but today....it's the best advice she ever gave me. She wasn't mean when she said and she's still my friend today. She's a pretty no nonsense kind of gal to say the least. I know that doesn't help you this Christmas but it's helped me for many years. Good luck to you and don't stress to much : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I start shopping in August as well. I do my grocery shopping at Walmart, because ours here is a supercenter. While I am there everyweek, I pick up one gift to tack onto my shopping bill.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• KeeperBay.com is giving away free clothing and toys. Everything is free to those in need.
    We are listing many more items late tonight and all day tomorrow.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I AM LIVING OFF OF 268 A MONTH AND EVERY MONTH I GET MY CHECK I GO OUT AND BUY AT LEAST TWO TOYS AT THE DOLLAR STORES. BY DEC I AM DONE WITH THE KIDS STUFF SOO BAD IT'S NOT GAMEBOYS AND WIIS OR NIKES UNDER THE TREE BUT THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO OPEN AND I ALWAYS MAKE COOKIES OR SOMETHING FOR THEIR STOCKINGS IT'S NOT MUCH BUT IT WHAT I MAKE DO THAT MATTERS AND FOR FRIENDS AND OTHER FAMILY [ MOM, DAD,AUNT ETC.] TOO BAD YOU ARE GETTING COOKIES AND THATS ENOUGH. I JUST DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY
    justgg

Answer by justgg at 6:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• this is why we have a fake tree.... its cheaper, and lasts longer, and if done right looks real...
    tyree08

Answer by tyree08 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I'm using my home business to boost what will be under the tree. I am telling my son that I heard Santa has WAY to many kids this year so each kid will only get a couple (1 to 2) things and then maybe he'll put some stuff in your stocking if you don't complain. So far that's working for my son:):) He's only 4 1/2 but he seems ok with it. Again I'm using my income from my home business to buy gifts and actually my goal for November was to buy my hubby a wii and I did that today for his birthday which is Friday YAY!! I'm pumped. It's all about cutting corners and buying at the dollar store if necessary.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 10:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I don't really see any difference from other years. We have businesses at the mall, well several malls, and everything is pretty much based on what you are selling. We do well. As far as my plans, well, I have said this before... Christmas is not about gift giving and receiving. You should try to show your child the wonders of Christmas, such as the decorations, a church service, helping out on Christmas Day at the Salvation Army. I aways tried to made more of a hype about the celebrating rather than the whole gift scene.. CONT
    Anonymous

• Here is why... I started out Christmas like we had celebrated Christmas when I was little,which meant a whole room of stuff. My husband on the other hand, did not. His family did not have money. Anyway, we decided we would buy our children one nice thing. Then along came my niece. Spoiled beyond get out. They had tons of money, as did their family. Well, my daughter got a doll... She got a new bike. How do you explain that to a child. Why Santa brought her a doll and my niece a bike. Well, just as I say, you make a bigger deal about the whole experience minus the gift giving and receiving!
    Anonymous