Photography help?

I want to become a photographer, has anyone taken a course online? I am a working mom and would like to break out and work for myself but that also means I don't have time to go and sit in a class room. Not that I have a college close by that offers a course in photography.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

ChristyW3

Asked by ChristyW3 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can buy books online. The biggest thing is to make sure you understand your camera. I am a photographer and actually just launched my business. Anyone can take a good picture now and days with the digital age but challenge yourself and really get out there. See what works for you. I do a range of things like portraits, landscape and nature to sell on top of that. Don't limit yourself but I do suggest reading up on it. It is very time consuming and if you want to go in to business be prepared for the expense and time
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• There is actually a group on here for moms that want to learn photography on their own time. Also, books, and I *think* there are a couple of free courses online. You can get a feel for it and the basics through these resources, then decide if you want to pursue it any further. I'm sure there are college courses online for photography as well.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Books and also online courses www.aionline.edu/Photography
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 1:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Search the web site for camera clubs that might be in your area. My husband found the club that he belongs to on the web. They have meetings and learn all kinds of photography stuff at this club every other Thursday. There is usually a small fee maybe once a year depending on the club you join. They take road trips to different places and really get some nice pictures.
    mlgrob57

Answer by mlgrob57 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011