Why can't he just understand? Anyone else get this?

So i left my party drinking days behind after i had kids. I don't go out all the time, never get drunk, or stay out late & he acts like it is a bad thing WHAT?! He told me the other day he wants us to go out more as in stay out late till 3 in the morning, go drink & party. Yes i admit i miss it at times but my children are too young for me to just leave them & find a baby sitter as often as he would like. He says that i need to let loose & have party time. Believe me you i had enough party time to go around before kids & i made a decision not to when i had them. Is there something so wrong with that? He's getting pretty irritated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• There is nothing wrong with what you are doing (or not doing). I think you are being a good mom and a mature, responsible adult. He needs to grow up and take his responsibility seriously. When you have kids, your life becomes focused on taking care of them, and most of the time that means putting the child's needs first. Not to say that the parents don't need some down time and opportunities to refresh themselves, because they do, but going out partying and drinking is not a good way to do that.
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• a man never gets tired of parting , not like us women we know when its time to grow up. dont get me wrong its nice to go out on a romantic date but the parting like tenagers die when you become a mother
    frances693

Answer by frances693 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• He's just not ready to settle down and be just a dad.
    Anonymous

• I love a good night out like anyone but after I had my daughter I didn't want that single, party life and my husband did - we ended up divorced as he just wasn't ready. I don't think there is anything wrong with your point. YOU are the one who has to stay out till 3 am with him and then get up possibly with hangover and deal with little ones? forget that - you only need to do that once or twice to realize it's totally NOT worth it. In my experience "most" men don't really grow up and decide whats important until their mid 30's. Tell him fine - you'll go out like that once every two weeks or once per month with the caveat that HE gets up and deals with the kids the next day - I bet he changes his tune mighty quick.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• How old is he? Is this a midlife crisis? Doesn't he have a job, to stay out until 3am seems a little excessive unless it's a once in a blue thing with friends..
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• He's a jerk. You grew up and then had kids, which is as it should be. Sounds like he never grew up. :/
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• you grew up and he didn't.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• He's 27. He doesn't realize it's just not that easy to drop things & go whenever he wants too.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I like to go out and party once and a while its okay but not all of the time nothing wrong with it just not the life for me tell him once and a while its okay but not all of the time.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I thought things were great up until a year ago when he started with all this stuff. Never knew he felt like this because he acted like he liked the way things are.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011