When can I...

At what point in my menstrual cycle am I least likely to get pregnant? At what point am I most likely?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• You will be fertile for a period of several days before you ovulate. Ovulation generally takes place 12-16 days before your period begins. So you are most likely to get pregnant in that window, and least likely to get pregnant outside of that window. There are different ways to determine your fertile times so that you'll know where you are in your cycle. You can track your basal body temperature every morning, and you can track your vaginal secretions.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It varies greatly, plus the sperm can stay alive inside you for a couple of days, so even doing it before might not work so well...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Are you trying to get pregnant or to not get pregnant? B/C the whole rhythm method of contraception is not always that accurate...
    Anonymous

• WAIT WAIT WAIT..........STOP DID YOUR PROFILE SAY YOU WERE 15? 15 ARE YOU TRYING FOR ANOTHER BABY? CRAZY!!!!!!!
    Anonymous