What all did yall bring with you to the hospital when you deliverd?

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 10:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• a ton of baby outfits!! some pjs for myself.. an clothes to wear home.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• way too much! 2 outfits for baby, pjs for myself, outfit to go home in, & toiletries which were all good. but i also brought my computer (that i never got on), my ipod (that i didnt use), my breastfeeding pillow (which didnt work right at the hospital), a pillow from home (that DH ended up using on the couch/bed) and then a buncha other random stuff i never took outta the bag.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• In my bag:
    gowns, a robe, my fav. kind of pads (Always and I got the overnight ones), some underwear (I didn't need them though), body wash, shampoo, deodorant, an comfy outfit for me to wear home, slippers, camera, phone charger, hairbrush, and hairbows

In the diaper bag:
    a blanket, newborn and 0-3 months outfits (he couldn't wear either, he was too small), socks, hats, and the hand mittens
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• A baby outfit, blanket, PJs and robes for me, tons of underwear, makeup, hair stuff, body wash and my bath poofy thing, lotion, my iPod, a video camera and disposable cameras, socks, slippers, lanolin, nursing bras and pads, and a couple cans of the Planters Digestive Health trail mix stuff. It sounds like a lot, but it all fit in one bag and I also had my purse (which had the makeup and electronics).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My favorite items that I didn't take the first time around, but did on the second trip:

My own pillow (in a bright pillow case so it wouldn't get mixed up)
    A small CD player with my Enya CD
    My make up

MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I brought way too much stuff the first time, I don't even remember what all I brought, I just remember I didn't even use half of it, like CDs and the Boppy pillow. With my second baby we left everything in the car planning to go back and get it once I was admitted, but it turned out I was almost fully dilated and was basically rushed to the delivery room and started pushing minutes after I got there, so I had nothing with me. The only things I even wished I had were the camera and a pair of clean socks, since my water broke all over the pair I was wearing.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I can't remember everything I brought but here are a few useful things I'll remember the 2nd time around:
    * Definitely bring your own pillow. The hospital ones feel like cardboard wrapped in a tarp.
    *Bring lots of snacks (for after the delivery of course).
    *DON'T wear socks or underwear that you ever want to wear again. They will end up massacred.
    *bring maternity clothes to wear home cause you'll still be fat.
    * you only need 1 baby outfit (maybe 2 if you are worried about a blow out right before you leave) because the hospital keeps baby dressed in their hospital get-up through-out your stay.
    *bring stuff for a nice shower because nothing feels better after delivery. Tip: buy unscented body wash so baby isn't deterred from breast feeding.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Mostly food & drinks.
    Changes of clothes, toiletries, camera gear.
    Swimsuit for SO.

Don't forget your doula!

;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• "*Bring lots of snacks (for after the delivery of course). "

AFTER ?!?

lol
    before and during are good!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I had my son at a birth center, so the stuff I brought was a little different. I brought 2 comfy nightgowns, fuzzy socks, Recharge (natural sports drink), granola bars, yogurt, a robe, my iPod and player, baby clothes, diapers, car seat, ponytail holder. That was it. We only spent one night there. Could have gone home a few hours after the birth if we wanted, but it was late.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2011