My son chews on everything. Is he fixing to teeth or is he already?

He chews on his arm sleeves and hands all the time. He also has a lump in his top right gum. He drools a lot too. He will also chew on a teething ring if I hold it for him. He's only 4 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It doesn't really matter how old he is. Remember some children can teeth for months before a tooth actually comes in. Also, some children are born with teeth. He probably is teething however, generally, the bottom front teeth are usually the first ones in, then the front top are next.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It's possible that he's teething, but he also could just be exploring, as babies do most of that with their mouths!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• He could be teething. The reason I say that is the bump. The drooling and chewing everything is typical. He is learning about his hands and other objects. He wants to know how they look, feel, and yes taste!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• He might be teething. But I wouldn't go on just cuz he's chewing on everything. My baby is almost two weeks old and anything that gets close to his face goes in the mouth for a nice chew. Lol.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Sounds like he's teething dear
    scoke19

Answer by scoke19 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2008