Varicose veins pregnancy ( in an odd place plz answer) adult content

Ok i have varicose veins in my vaginia.... has anyone ever heard of this?? they are purple and swollen , ive had it looked at by differnt doctors and they all say the same thing. Its ridicoulous. It hurts if i have sex, and sometimes its just sore. I've been bothered by this for weeks, and the only thing that helps is a bath .
Thats the only thing the doc told me i could do. Has anyone else ever had or even heard of this?

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yep had in during pregnancy -very un attractive!! Ideas to sooth, cool compress - warmth might help but will also encourage more blood to the area = more swelling. Try to rest off your feet as much as possible, the varicose veins are caused by all the extra pressure on the veins in your pubic area from the baby. The great news is they will almost certainly go away after baby comes as the veins all relax back into normal places. Not sure how far away delivery day is, but often women find sex awkward and uncomfortable in their last trimester, so its not unusual, you just know why it is comfortable, some women have these up higher in the vagina and dont know that is why they are uncomfortable.
    Good luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• sorry "had them in pregnancy"
    myheartx4

• I had that too and they do go away after you have the baby, at least they should.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• That can happen, thanks to all that extra blood flow to your reproductive areas. Some of it will subside once you're done being pregnant.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I heard they were common because of the pressure of the uterus.
    I had them in my pregnancies (only) and they hurt!
    ;-(

They were gone with delivering, though...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:21 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I've never heard of that. Sounds painful, though. I'm sorry, mama.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Yep, I had them and bought this:

http://www.prenatalcradle.com/v2.htm

It worked AMAZINGLY - it does looks silly but who cares? lol
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Ive heard of it but luckily have not experienced them. Id try compresses and like PP said, the belly cradle is supposed to work wonders!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:13 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I have never heard of that but I offer my sympathy and my sincerest wishes that they disappear for you.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• thanks so much! i'll have to look that belly cradle up.... they are so painful, it honestly sucks :( im worried if i have her vaginally how bad thats gonna hurt, because having sex is like a killer.
    THANKS!
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2011