I am going to court next week for a trial to determine the custody of my 2 children from a previous marriage. I feel I am doing everything right, but I am still worried about the outcome. Does anyone have suggestions on what I can say and do to make my case look better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• who has had custody in the past? I think they need a very good reason to change custody. you can say that nothing has changed on your side, and you were fine before, what makes it different now?
    AnnikaJan

Answer by AnnikaJan at 11:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Without knowing details the best advice I can give you is to make sure whatever you say is focused on the children's best interest. Not what an ass he is or what he's done to you and how you feel about him. But how you do things to ensure your children are happy and well taken care of. And be very specific about what those things are and why it is good for the children.

Also don't deny any fault if something comes up that is true even if it doesn't show you in the best light. Don't make excuses take responsibility but do state it was a one time thing or something from the past that you learned from or whatever (as long as it is not an ongoing thing-of course)

So basically be honest and keep the focus on the children's best interest. Hope this helps.
    vannahs

Answer by vannahs at 11:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2008