Any advice on a good car to buy/lease when expecting your first child?

Trying to stay under $25,000 if buying.

mkpierson

Asked by mkpierson at 11:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Shopping

• Depends on where you live. We live in northern utah where it snows 8 months of the year so we sold our Mazda3 and bought a Nissan Xterra when we were first expecting. We have had a handful of sedans as well. Basically, don't go anything smaller than an Accord or Altima. If you still want space but don't need an SUV i would go for a wagon. I used to gawk at people that would buy wagons cause they just aren't so cute. but after stuffing groceries and a stroller in the trunk of my Accord i'd LOVE a wagon.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My sister just bought a new Nissan Rogue, smaller than the Xterra, but still has plenty room. It gets 25 miles/gal city and 29 hwy. I believe it is about $21,000.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• saturn vue(?) Anyway it has the look of an SUV but not the price, gets approx 20-25 mi/gal city unsure about hwy.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:32 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I have an older Toyota Camry wagon and I love it - lots of room for kids and "stuff"!

Answer by missanc at 1:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2011