I am looking for tips on trying to conceive..... home remedies preferred. I haven't been trying that long (4 mos), so I know that I am being a little impatient, but anything would be hellpful.

Hopingtobeamama

Asked by Hopingtobeamama at 11:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• start taking prenatals...they are before, during and after pregnancy, so you are fine to start them now! I began taking them last month, and a week ago tomorrow, I found out we're expecting :)
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• People will say it doesn't work, but I tried for a year to get pregnant the first time. After 11 months someone posted something on a fertility website I was on about Instead Cups. You put them in after sex around the time you are ovulating and leave them there for a while, or overnight. I was already charting my temperatures and using ovulation predictor kits, so I knew when I was ovulating. It worked the very first time I used it. After I had that baby and was ready for a 2nd, we used it again and got pregnant on the first try. We miscarried that baby and tried again, got pregnant on the first try. Maybe it was random chance, but I really think they worked for me. However, if you aren't already doing things to track when you are ovulating I would start there because no matter what else you try timing is very important.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• CHART!

Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ is a great

PLACE to start! MANY women, including myself, are able to concieve on the first try with charting. Its the fastest and most affective way to concieve!

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I agree with miasmommy. Start charting. Both resources she listed are great. Best way to get to know YOUR body, and completely free (aside from purchasing the book, of course, unless you choose to get it from your library).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Do an ovulation calendar or calculator put in your lmp and it will tell you all the days to have sex to get pregnant it worked for me 2 times lol
    shawnette123

Answer by shawnette123 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2011