proposal nerve soother?

My SO is planning on proposing. He has just asked me to wait until he can afford a ring that is nice. I am so exited! What can I do to calm down and be patient? SHOULD I calm down and be patient???

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• maybe get a promise ring till he can get another one. mine did cause i have super small fingers and i would be forever to get mine sized and returned cause it was the holiday season. just get like a ring for $100. i agree he already ruined it by asking you the way he did. i hoped my hubby hadn't done the same but he kinda ruined it for me too cause i knew. he was just to anxious and couldn't wait so i knew. he kinda ruined it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• no i would be super excited and couldn't wait lol i wish my man would propose
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• If he already said he was going to ask you doesn't that mean basically he already has and ruined the excitement part of it? So you don't have to calm down and wait to be asked. He already did it. You just have to wait for the ring. I guess if you have to stay calm then buy the brides magazines and start planning the wedding. That should keep you busy.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Any idea how long it will take? I'd try not to get too excited, just in case (you wouldn't be the first woman who's boyfriend told her that just so he could buy time and then never do it--sorry, but no one ever seems to see that coming!). That being said, it took three years for my then-boyfriend to find a way to get the "good" ring. One afternoon I asked him if he had talked to my sister (banker) anymore about financing, and he said, "She never got back to me, I'll email her right now." and then typed the email in front of me, but apparently did not hit "Send" because I got a ring and a real proposal that night!

The whole you're-engaged-already-if-he-told-you-he's-going-to-ask thing is crap, it doesn't count until he actually asks! You SHOULD talk about marriage beforehand and know that's where you're headed, I don't think it's a good thing to be totally surprised by the idea!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2008