• In the Spotlight:

Is there a certain time your breast will begin to leak before the baby gets here?? adult content

MommyLayne

Asked by MommyLayne at 11:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• As with every other aspect of pregnancy, it'll come at different times for every woman. I was very lucky (sarcastic)! Mine came when I was 5 months pregnant. I woke up Christmas morning to a moist pj top. We still call it my "Christmas Miracle" haha
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• No, in fact, some women never leak! It doesn't mean they won't produce milk, it just means they're not leaking during pregnancy. Breast pads are great for keeping the leaking at bay, just be sure not to use the ones with the plastic backing, so that your nipples can breathe.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• least it didnt happen in front of everyone lol... i'm almost 6 months & havent had the slightest thing happen, can you go without it happening until birth??
    MommyLayne

Comment by MommyLayne (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• it wont affect being able to breastfeed if it doesnt happen right?
    MommyLayne

Comment by MommyLayne (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I didn't leak a single thing in any of my three pregnancies and I breastfed all three to just past one year old. You will be fine!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't stress, mama! Seriously. I didn't leak (I could express), and I nursed fine. When the placenta falls off of the uterine wall, THAT is what really stimulates your milk. In the meantime, even if you can't tell, your breasts are prepping for all that milk making.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• i am 38 weeks and havent leaked at all...i have gotten that waxy stuff on my nipples but it hasnt actually leaked at all
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It depends on the woman. Some women don't leak at all, some leak almost their entire pregnancy. My breasts didn't start leaking until I got much closer to my due date and my son was exclusively breastfed for 8 months (that's when we introduced solids.) and is still nursing at 3 years old. (we practice child led weaning) Don't stress about it. :)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:20 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It varies with each woman. Im 6 mos and leak. Its a pain but Im glad Im producing at least!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No. Some women leak during early pregnancy, some in later pregnancy, some not at all during pregnancy. All are normal, and none are indicators of your ability to produce milk and nurse.

I never once leaked during pregnancy (2 pregnancies) and only leaked in the very beginning after they were born, when my supply was still regulating.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2011