Spotting during first trimester...PLEASE HELP.... adult content

I am approx 3-4 weeks along, and I have been spotting. This has been going on for about a week and a half now...not much, just a few drops when I'm using the restroom.

I went to the ER yesterday due to cramping, which they diagnosed it as a threatened miscarraige, but told me that they are certain as of yet.

My cramping happens about once a day, then is gone... it's happened 2 times now, and both have been in the morning...

They said that I could be spotting the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy, and that it's normal...

I go in for another blood test friday morning to see if my (HCG) levels have increased, if so, baby should be fine...if not...well, then the baby won't make it.

I just want to know if any of you have experienced spotting and everything turned out ok???

I posted something similar to this earlier today, but didnt really get any answers....please help!!

katieandchris01

Asked by katieandchris01 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• this happened to a friend of mine and turned out to be implantation. I also spotted at 12 weeks with my 3rd baby and it kept coming and going for about 3 weeks and they were never able to tell me why, it just went away and i carried full term. Hope it all works out for you!
    Freundmommyx5

Answer by Freundmommyx5 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• thank you! I swear, friday just cant come fast enough. I'm so anxious to get the tests back...please pray for higher levels!!
    katieandchris01

Comment by katieandchris01 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I didn't experience that but i just wanted to say that I have you in my prayers
    AydinsMommy2311

Answer by AydinsMommy2311 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I had spotting at 4 weeks, but miscarried, but that was ME, so don't think about it.....Positive thoughts!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 7:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Good luck. You're in my thoughts.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Some spotting IS normal, as is mild cramping so it could be nothing major. Im sorry you're going through this. I'll keep you and your baby in my thoughts!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I have its very nerve wrecking. I bleed for a long time and every time i saw blood i freaked an went to the hospital. They told me the same thing '' Threatened miscarriage'' But i took test to see if my levels we raising and they were. B ut i had the cramping to. The irst time this happened to me hte pregnancy did end in miscarriage, But this time around i am fine. I always still get scared everytime i get a cramp or something. But im 5 months along now. Just rest your self, I know you cant help but to worry though. Good luck to you.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Some IS normal. Don't hesitate to do what you need to do to feel comfortable about this though, even if it's going in again.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I spotted a few times with my second & was fine
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I spotted every day for the first trimester of both of my VIABLE pregnancies. I did have 3 miscarriages before getting pregnant with my daughter and, then, son....however the spotting experienced at those times evolved into full blown miscarriage/period. Both my daughter and my son were "threatened miscarriages"....I'll keep everything crossed your baby is okay!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2011