Best way to get rid of diaper rash?

My 9 month old daughter has had a diaper rash for almost a week. We have tried everything to clear it up. We change her as soon as we can once she goes, used diaper rash creams, let her set in warm water, even used presciption from doctor. Her poor little bottom just keep getting red & raw. Any suggestions to help get rid of it or soothe it?

kayleesmom42328

Asked by kayleesmom42328 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Vasoline maybe
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• thye only thing that ever worked for my son is the diaper rash creme called butt paste kinda on the costly side but it works with my son
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• butt paste?

I don't know if it really works, it just came to mind and it was fun to type lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• YAY! Now I don't feel so bad! Someone else suggested it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• lol my mom told me about it when my son was little i didnt think that was really the name of it but it was and i love it i just bought some for my baby due next month
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• A&D works miracles. my son use to get horrible diaper rash, I noticed certain brands of diapers and wipes made it worse.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 12:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• We accidently bought scented wipes last month & she got a real bad rash from them. Her bottom started bleeding so we got rid of them as soon as we figured out it was them & have been careful since then. This time I'm not sure what caused it. We took to dr in Jan cause she is a little under weight & she had a rash, we asked the dr the best thing for it. He acted like it was no big deal & just said to use Desitin. But it doesn't seem to work.
    kayleesmom42328

Comment by kayleesmom42328 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• i would take her back if u have tried everything we took my son in before and they prescibed something for it
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Let the air at it, when my kids had rashes we'd let them go bare bottomed and it helped. Maybe try a new diaper brand. She may also have a yeast infection, try some canestan cream.
    Be ware though one time my son was about 9 months old and poohed on the floor! He loved it!!! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Beaudrux's Butt paste and "airing" her bottom out. Just let her go without a diaper on for a bit. You'll of course have to keep and eye on her to avoid any accidents but they happen either way
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2011