If you are no longer wanting to be married is it okay to leave him and the kids behind too..

live in a motel while you get a job and save for a place and then fight for your kids? all the while your kids live between grandparents and your druggie soon to be ex

or....

leave your husband with your kids and make it on your own that way?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• If my soon to be ex was a druggie...my kids would go where I go. I couldn't leave my kids
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• If I were to leave my husband bc he was on drugs, I wouldn't leave my kids with him.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• If your Ex is a drug addict, leaving your kids with him would be stupid and irresponsible of you. When u do fight for your kids, the judge will look at both of u. Thern there still is the chance u 2 still will have shared custody, unless u can proive without a doubt that you think leaving the kids with the ex would not be in the best interest of the children.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• never leave your kids. that could bite u in the tucus in court. they kids could end up resenting the parent who leaves them behind.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• why would you want to leave your kids with your druggie ex? I'm just asking. I agree with the other moms - you stand a much better chance of keeping your kids if you leave and take kids with you. There are plenty of places/organizations that are equipped and ready to help you start a new life - shellter, job, counseling, etc. - plus think of the example you are setting for your kids - do you want them to be enablers or empowered?
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 1:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• If I were you, I would leave the husband, take the kids & have FAITH that God will make a way...I know its easy said then done...But God has never steered me wrong...Just step out on FAITH...
    Curtessia1

Answer by Curtessia1 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• First off my children go where I go! I would NEVER abandon my children. If you have a druggie husband, kick his ass out and get a restraining order. Why should he get the home?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:21 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• If you plan on eventually having custody of the kids, you've got a much better chance of being granted custody if you NEVER leave them with anyone. Find a shelter or motel where you and they can live while you get on your feet. Otherwise you may not be granted custody. How would you feel about that?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Leave your kids? Are you serious, with a druggy!? :(
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You gave your kids a promise to love and care for them unconditionally when you gave birth to them, never leave them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Mar. 17, 2011