What can I take for constipation during my 1st trimister of pregnancy? adult content

Curtessia1

Asked by Curtessia1 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• prunes/ prune juice. it is natural.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Slowly up your fiber intake, and drink plenty of water. You can try some prune juice, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'd check w/your doc, but on a normal all-the-time schedule (aka not pregnant), I've used both Benefiber, and also one from Metamucil called Clear and Natural. I personally recommend the latter one, because, as a whole, that one seems to stir in better, and when it doesn't, it's sweet to eat off the spoon. I've also used the normal orange flavored Meta, and it tasted good, but you have to drink it quickly, b/c it thickens, and I'm not a "drinker," so to speak, so it didn't work for me, although the flavor was really good, kinda like orange soda...It wasn't gritty, either, like you'd think, and I used water and also used Sprite, but that was years ago....I hope this helps...E-mail me back, if you like....I thought I could help you out, as I've struggled with constipation my whole life and I'm 33!! BTW, prune juice is horrible!! But, I've heard actual prunes are not too bad, but I've never eaten them before.
    MomToYoungerSis

Answer by MomToYoungerSis at 1:54 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Prune juice.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• prune juice is good but also plenty of water so you dont overdue it with the prune juice....one of the girls i worked with got constipated from her prenatals and took metamucil tablets with them but i would try the prune juice and diluting it with water first see if that helps after a couple of days
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Get more fiber, drink lots of water. You can also use glycerin suppositories.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Juice. I definitely wouldnt take any meds unless ok'd by your dr.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You can try diet changes first, such as prunes and increased fiber, but if they don't help, you can safely take colace stool softener.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• prunes or prune juice
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would also suggest prune juice. If you can't handle the tast, I know it is yucky, you could try pear juice or alot of apple juice. I give my son pear juice and apple juice to help him, I am not sure if it works for adults thoug.
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011