Moms who dress in pj's or sweats outside of the house, what is the REAL reason?

I seen a question about moms dressing frumpy earlier, and a lot of mom's say, "well i just don't have time" or "prioritize, kids come first". and yes time can be tight and kids do come first BUT what are you offering your kids if you aren't offering yourself and who YOU really are deep down. I know if i have to make an errand to the store it takes a quick 5 minutes to change into something else, throw my hair into something presentable and slab on some quick coverup and eyeliner. If your kid spills milk all over their shirt, we know we run and change them quick before leaving the house, so why wouldn't we do the same with our frumpy clothes that we know don't look good? Here's a video I found to remind all mom's out there that it only takes a quick 5 minutes to be YOU again.

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/what-not-to-wear-how-to-dress-your-best/

(the mom gone wrong)

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• to be honest when I wear sweats is because im depresed and I HAVE give up on myself I feel ugly so I dont think that buying a 100 dls pants is going to make any difference my body is totally destroyed does not have any shape what so ever, so even when I try to dress up i feel that I look bad so I don't really care how do I look anymore, my daughter is always clean and pretty but me is a whole different story
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I don't get the pj's and sweats. Frumpy looking. It really doesn't take long to put makeup on. I think my kids would appriciate me putting on some jeans and makeup before we left the house.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I used to judge until I found myself in a situation where I almost HAD to where PJ's to Wal Mart but at the last minute a friend lent me a pair of sweats. That was almost 2 mos. ago and I was 43. In all my years I had never gone out in sweats and certainly never in PJ's but then my house burned down and all I had on when I left the house was a pair of fleece jammies I wore them from around 11p the night before (the fire happened at 7a) until 5pm that day...I went to McDonald's wearing them and was even on the news wearing them. Me...the person who always made sure my hair and makeup were done and I had on jeans and a decent shirt and then in one minute I had hair that hadn't seen a brush since the night before & a pair of jammies on and no makeup. At 5 I changed in to over sized sweats, finally got a brush and still didn't have makeup to put on. I don't judge any more. Karma showed me that it's not cool to do so!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I have to admit.. I've been out in public wearing sweats but NEVER PJ'S ugh... The only time i'll actually wear sweats out in public is if I am in the middle of cleaning my house and need to run to the store or something I am not going to change out of my cleaning clothes just to run to the store, if i'm gonna be cleaning when I get back.. .. I can not understand why ppl wear pj's out in public..
    Mommy2three2006

Answer by Mommy2three2006 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Generally If I am going out even just for a few minutes I put Jeans a cute shirt and good shoes on. I do the same with my kids. I am sure to put on makeup even if it is only a Lil eye liner and lip gloss. I feel woman who dress frumpy are just lazy. Mind you if I am staying home it will just be jeans and a tee with a zip hoody. When I see woman in town with a pair of Pajamas and there hair is a mess and they have boots(Ugg I think they are called) I think it is plain GROSS! Sorry I am very much a firm believer in looking nice when walking out of your home.
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 10:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I go out in sweats all the time! I really don't care if I look frumpy. I rarely put make up on, and my hair's short enough for me to brush it, put it up and be done with it. I dress up when I want to, but when I'm in school sitting in a three hour class, or climbing jungle gyms chasing after a two year old, I'd just rather be comfy in sweats.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I admit I will throw on a pair of sweats over my pj's to drop the kids off at school. Mostly on days when I'm behind on the laundry or not feeling well. I will wear my sweats out, I don't see the problem with that and I think my kids prefer me to wear clothes that allow me to get down on the floor and mess about with them with more ease than some of my other clothes allow.
    Now makeup, that's another story, I don't wear it. Now and then I will wear some mascara and for special occasions I will apply the "whole face". DH loves me just fine without all the makeup and has even commented that he's glad I don't paint a face on like some women he see's when we're out.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I wear sweats to quick errands to the store. Other than that I ALWAYS dress good when we go out. I love to look good and some of my friends are suprised I have time in my day to put make up on. I also have my hubby to thank for letting me have me time everyday! I have never wore my pjs outside my home except for staying in hotel on vacation.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:37 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Hi my name is Hannah and I'm addicted to yoga pants. It started after my C-section in June. I always do my hair and make-up but I wear yoga pants out of the house often.
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 2:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I do not get it. I always get dressed and look alright. Not super nice but not lazy or frumpy. A little make up and jeans go a long way.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2011