how long to wait for a second child

my hubby doesnt want to have another baby for a few more years my son is almost two and his half brother is 2.5 yrs older then he is and i want to keep having kids at that distance about two years apart..and ive told him if we dont have one ( or get pregnate) by the end of the summer next year then im getting my tubes tied i dont want to have my kids 4-5 yrs apart in my experiance its harder for the kids to grow up and be close to eachother...am i wrong for this...

connorsmom22607

Asked by connorsmom22607 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Wrong...No. Will you regret having your tubes tied if you're still wanting another child.....possibly yes.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 4:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i want another one now and my baby is 9 months
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I had my tubes tied 10 months back after the birth of DD. I chose to have then tied because I know that we can't financially handle a third child. If that is a feeling you are SURE of have it done but don't close that door until there is not doubt in your mind that is in fact what you and your husband want . On another note my kids a r 3.5 years apart and it is wonderful. I would have been happy to have them just a little bit further apart but everyone is different.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My first and third are 4 years apart and they are VERY close! It doesn't matter how far apart they are, if you encourage closeness early on they will learn it and will usually stick with it.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 4:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• cont... And you are not wrong to feel that way. Some people like there kids 1 year apart some 5 and every where in between. It is yours and your husbands choice. No one has room to judge as they are not the ones carrying or raising your children. BTW if you do have it done and change your mind invitro is still an option. (That's how I justified my surgery)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• MY KIDS ARE ALMOST 5 YEARS APART, AND THEY ARE SUPER CLOSE. IT IS KIND OF NICE WITH THEM HAVING THE AGE SPAN THEY DO, I WAS VERY LEARY AT FIRST. SINCE IT IS SUCH A BIG GAP, BUT IT HAS WORKED TO MY ADVANTAGE! SO IF YOU WANT ANOTHER BABY, WHEN EVER IT HAPPENS WILL BE THE RIGHT TIME. I TOO PLANNED ON MY KIDS BEING 2 YEARS APART. BUT IT DIDNT WORK THAT WAY, WE TRIED FOR A 1 1/2YRS WITH NO LUCK THEN 6 LONG MONTHS OF CLOMID, THEN CAME MY BABY BOY! BUT WHAT EVER YOU WANT IS BEST, BUT IF YOU DO WANT ANOTHER BABY DONT TIE YOUR TUBES YOU WILL REGRET IT LATER!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEXT BABY!!!
    TAY-NATESMOM

Answer by TAY-NATESMOM at 5:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It's not the distance between children that affects how well they get along, it's the kids themselves! The best sibling relationship I've ever seen is between my nephew and niece (8 years!). I have two nephews that are 4 years apart (hate each other) and three nephews that have 1 1/2 years between each, and none of them like each other (boy #4 is on the way, I feel BAD for my sister!).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008