Why disgusted by reproductive organs? (opinions)

I was looking something up and a woman at Yahoo asked about the taste of her cervical fluids (which, fyi, good taste can be a sign of being healthy and fertile). Many people responded that such an idea was disgusting and outlandish (many eww and the sort). So why is it the reproductive organs are good enough for a baby to hang out at and pass through, but not good enough for the woman who has them? It just doesn't make sense. Do these woman also not let their husbands down there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Health

• I love my nose too, but I am not interested in discussing the particular flavor of that mucous either lol. My point is that most people find the idea of consuming bodily fluids icky.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I bet those people that think it's gross are the same people that think breastfeeding in public is gross :P

Everyone has their own idea of what's "gross" and what's not...your definition will probably vary greatly from mine. I for one have no issues with my girly bits, but I personally wouldn't want to taste it. But I'm not going to condemn another woman that does. We're all different in our own little ways =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I think tasting bodily fluids sounds gross too....babies come out of there, but they're not taste-testing....ya know?

If my hubby wants down there, I usually wash up first....kinda self-conscious about that area. That's just me though.

Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 4:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Well I can give you an interesting little tid bit of info.
    I have heard that being a vegetarian you dont smell so much and "down there" has just about no taste.
    fyi I am a vegetarian and never had any complaints lol
    Anonymous

• Um, well I have never heard of that but a bad odor is usually a sign of something not so good or poor hygiene.

Cervical fluids taste different according to many things and an orgasm, depending on what type of orgasm you have, can even change the taste and smell of your vagina.

I'm a meat eater and have never had any complaints. lol
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 6:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Oh and I don't think sex is a dirty thing to talk about and my boyfriend and I have a thrilling sex life. Good for her for taking charge of whatever her body is doing and noticing new and different things about it.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 6:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2008