Major TMI ... heavy 1st period after baby ... adult content

Sorry for the TMI. Its been 7 weeks since having my son and I started my period tuesday night. When I woke up yesterday morning my flow was really heavy. all day I've been soaking through a tampon every hour or more. Im also having a lot of clotting. Its also "running" ... like everytime I move or cough or laugh it gushes. Going into thursday morning now and still bleeding very heavy. Wearing a tampon and a pad. Started cramping this morning too. Im confused because im breast feeding so I didn't expect my period so soon let alone out of control like this. Is this normal or should I be worried??? I don't know what to do. Tai!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 2:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Health

• I feel for you. I got my period back at 5.5 weeks and it was pretty heavy, too. If you're still bleeding like this later this morning when your doctor or midwife's office opens, you should give them a call and talk to them about it in case they want to check you out. It's probably normal, but you should call them just to make sure everything is ok. Hope it eases up for you!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It sounds normal but you should call the doctor in the morning just in case.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:15 AM on Mar. 17, 2011