Do u think that dating and having sex with someone else while separated is wrong ? ( no bashing it's not my situation.)

would you date a man that is separated ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 2:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• That would be too much drama
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I don't think that dating or whatever is wrong if the original couple is separated while waiting to get divorced (like in our state, if there are children involved in the marriage, you have to be separated for a minimum of one year before you can even try to get divorced). However, I wouldn't trust someone who said they were separated, so no I wouldn't date a man or woman who claimed to be.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• For me it would just be getting in trouble I'll just date if I knew for sure im not going back and about dating a separated guy is also just trouble unless that you are ok with the fact that he could go back to his wife at any time
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It is wrong for a married person to date (IMO). End the relationship first.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I actually know a man who is divorcing the wife and has a gf. It is not a good situation, it is full of hurt, anger, drama. Personally I would never date a man who claimed he was separated - as he has a lot of baggage and drama with his situation, he could end up going back to the wife, or he could be lying (meaning not separated but quite married). Now if I were ever separated from my husband I would not date or have sex, I would wait until t he divorce is final before moving on with my life.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I think it's a bad idea. Lots of people separate then get back together. I've known some personally and all it did was cause trouble. In my honest opinion, the marriage needs to actually end, not just a separation, before moving on.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would not see someone who was seperated until it was final.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I know that if my dh dated while we were separated with the intentions of getting back together, that would be the end of the line for me. As for dating someone that was separated, I wouldn't want to get tangled up in that mess. He'd have to call me when the divorce was final.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• its not wrong if he is actively seeking a divorce. it happened to me, he was separated then together, then separated finally stopped seeing him. couldn't deal with that.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I dated my husband while he was legally separated from his ex wife. She was the one who dumped him for another man and he proceeded to file for divorce which was final after almost 2 years. We met 4 months after she moved out. I see nothing wrong with that. I suppose it was a risk for me and my friends kept telling me I was the "rebound girl." But in my gut, I knew it was worth it and I was right.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2011