Vitamins for your four-year-old?

I took my daughter to see her new pediatrician the other day and he mentioned that it's a good time to start giving her a daily vitamin. What do you all recommend?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 2:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Maybe flinstone?
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:05 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Use a whole foods based vitamin, not a chemical based one, like from Rainbow Light.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would talk to their doctor before giving them anything
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• just dont get the gummies. some of the vitaimins get suck n the teeth and they will not get everything they are supposed to be getting from the vitamins.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I give my kids the gummies and they take them great!
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 11:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

......
    It was her doctor that recommended to start giving her vitamins.

I wouldn't dream of giving her the gummy vitamins. She'll think they're candy; no way. rkoloms - Do you mean Whole Foods the store? I don't have one of those here in my small town.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Maybe you should give her some kiddy vitamins just go to Wal Mart and look in the medicine department there are all kinds of vitamins for little kids
    Fredieu

Answer by Fredieu at 11:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Flinstones. I used to take them when I was little. I believe they have Flinstone Gummy Vitamins now too. And it's good for to think they're candy so she'll take them, but just put them where she can't reach them. But I just read the post about it getting stuck on teeth, so maybe not such a good idea. lol There's lots of different kinds though. My nephew's (He's 4) doctor said that if he's already getting a lot of calcium/dairy, my sister should stay away from calcium fortified vitamins.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Flinstone or the gummy vitamins from Targets...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• all I was saying was the doctor could give you suggestions as to what is good to give them is all no need to get sarcastic
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2011