My daughter Still crys when I put her to bed?

When does it stop? I have been putting her in her crib since birth and she still crys everytime I lay her down for her nap or bed time.. she is 7 months. She only crys for like 3-5 minutes but still will she one day just not cry?

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 3:03 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby is almost 7 months and she cries every time I set her down. My mom says it stops about age 6 or so. I assume she means all crying.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• This is just a short time to be crying. It will stop. Do you read her a little story to help her go to sleep? Sometimes they fall asleep during the story. Then there is no crying. But you may find that you doze off too.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 4:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• She's doing great! it will stop eventually. Each child is different. The little one I car for stopped at about age 11 months
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My son is 3.5 months. My pediatrician told me that when I notice that he is getting tired (eyes getting heavy, rubbing his eyes, yawning...) that I need to put him in his crib. She said that it is normal for him to cry for up to 15 minutes. If we don't do this she said that he will become accustomed to falling asleep in our arms, the swing or the bouncer. This all happened last week and I can say that he has already realized that the playard (crib) is for sleeping.
    Connors_Mommy12

Answer by Connors_Mommy12 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• ds is almost 14 mos and cries himself to sleep often
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• if it's less than five minutes, there's nothing to worry about, she's more than likely trying to get comfortable.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• every child is different and like the others say if it is less then 5 minutes it is nothing to worry about; babies cry themselves to sleep at times; I know my boys did
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2011