Measuring Small 32 weeks?

I'm 32w2d and went in for my ultrasound today and she was 4lbs2oz, but I'm measuring with the tape measure at 29 weeks. Has anyone else had this happen? They said the baby is small for 32 weeks but everything I read says that at 32 weeks I should be right around 4lbs? Does anyone know the risk factors of measuring small?
My doctor also said that the baby was starting to go lower so wouldn't that have something to do with me measuring smaller, my doctor didn't mention anything about that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• So, just to clarify, you're saying that your baby is measuring average on ultrasound, but small on a simple abdominal measure (when they measure your stomach with a tape measure)? If that's the case, no worries. All kinds of things can affect the abdominal measurement, like how much food is in your digestive system and how the baby is positioned. My stomach measured small several times late in my pregnancy, but my son was born at almost 9 pounds. It was just the way I was carrying him.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008