What do you think about running a back ground check on your s/o ?

typing

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 5:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I think before getting serious about anyone you should run one and also a credit check.

Answer by gemgem at 7:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My daughter started dating a man that she overheard a rumor about. She confronted him to straighten it out. He denied it and when she went to the state website and looked it up the rumors were fact. He was a sex offender registered and all. Yet he refused to tell her the truth even when confronted. Some people will never be honest. I feel if it's crossed your mind to run a check, do it. Better safe than sorry. Particularly if you have children.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 6:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• In this day and age you can not be too safe.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I already know his background. We grew up in the same area, everyone knows everyone. If you're going to be running background checks, you should do them BEFORE you get married.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Absolutely, as well as the babysitter, extended family, etc. I've known my SO for 14 years, and I ran one on him... lol, not that I found anything but ONE traffic violation (yeah, he's totally straight arrow, lol)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I have heard of some looking into a persons background...someone they were dating or just started to date. I could check my hubby's background but since he and I are both Deputies I would find the same thing. If it's someone you've been with for a significant amount of time, why would you even bother?? I mean, if that person means that much to you then a background check would make no difference.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 6:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would hope if you are in a serious relationship that you are honest about everything, and if there are areas that your s/o seems to avoid I would be curious but then again that would also make me rethink if this is really the right relationship for me if I think he is hiding something or if I have to be sneaky about things.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 9:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I don't it's a bad idea
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 6:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2011