I want to be fixed after i have my baby but i am not sure how they do this

do they wheel you down to a surgery room after delivery? then go from there. is there any kind that they can do with local. I am so confused.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 5:56 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your doctor and ask for detailed explanations of your choices
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:49 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• They did my tubal the day after I delivered my dd. It was under general anesthetic. Also it was done through my belly button so no visible scar. Hope that helps. :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 6:20 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Mine was done like Autumns general anesthetic and threw my belly button.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I had the exact same thing done as mom Autumn7 above.....I had it done the day after my delivery, and it was through my belly button...very simple...
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 7:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Talk to your OB, I brought it up with my midwife and she sent me to the right people. I had a tubal after my 5th vaginal delivery - if I'd have delivered during the day, I'd have been in surgery within hours, but since I delivered at 10pm, I had my tubal at 1pm the next day. Since I had an epidural during labor, they left it in (but turned off the drugs), numbed me & put me out in the OR, and did it through a small incision in my belly button. Recovery wasn't any different than my other vaginal deliveries, other than having to be careful of the incision for a couple of weeks (I was glued shut so couldn't get it wet, and had to change the bandage).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2011