What is the best shampoo that will keep oily color treated hair clean?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 5:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Instead of going to the salon for a "Malibu Treatment" to remove rust/hard water build-up, use 1-2 packets of lemonade (any brand will do). Add a little water to make it like a thick paste. Be careful, too much water will make it runny! Work into wet hair, leave on for 15-10 minutes! Rinse out and wash with your regular shampoo. Use a towel or shower cap. The mixture will sting/burn when in contact with your skin, just like in the salon. It works! I have blond hair and have rusty water so I use this about every 1 to 2 months!

Frugal "Malibu Treatment" to Remove Rust and Hard Water
    Be careful with this if you have dark hair! It can change the colour of your hair and you might end up with orange streaks

Found it here....
    http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf806614.tip.html
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I like Dove. I've also just started using Aveeno for color treated hair and I really like it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Aveda love there products
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• try a balancing shampoo.. it balances the ph of hair so it's not so oily... and not harsh like some clarifying shampoos can be.. and don't condition near your roots, ends only.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I also use dove. I do a malibu Rinse about every 3-4 months to clean the oils and the hard water out of my hair.
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 9:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• What is a Malibu rinse AbbeyKay?
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• i prefer iso or joico
    xxhazeldovexx

• nexxus.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 3:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• The Nexxus from the beauty supply was great, but as soon as they started selling in stores, they changed the formula. Not so good. The only reason I know is that our friends are ceos in the industry.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2011