Help,please advice greatly appreciated!!!Inbetween caregiving, my hubby called one of mybrothers that lives close to my mom to ask him a business related question about a product.

As soon as he answered my husband, my brother goes is there any reason why your wife is not staying to help out with our parents when you come over? I am so sick of doing this. Just because heis wife is a businesswoman he does not want to stop over at night. I am so done. My hubby gambles and I am afraid he is relapsing. I also am psychologically done with doing that. After 24 days you get done. SO what shoud I tell mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Perhaps its time to seek other alternatives for caring for your parents? I worked in geriatrics for 20 years so I am very familiar with caring for the elderly. My FIL recently passed with Alz. and I refused to stay with him by myself. He had a tendancy to get touchy feely and if he wanted to leave I physcially could not stop him. I did not feel it was a safe situation. My sister in laws were angry with me about not spending more time elder sitting. His issues were more then any of us could deal with. I was the one who had the guts to say I love you pops but Im not doing this. I would tell your family you will help out with your parents one or two days a week and if that is not enough then call in some help.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Your post seems frantic. Just because things are suggested by people you love or respect doesn't mean you have to cave in and do something you don't want or don't have the ability to do. I would seek other alternatives. And maybe if your suffering from anxiety or depression you could see a doctor and handle your own emotions before taking care of everyone else. The subjects you mentioned are huge and can take a toll on anyone.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 9:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I guess I am not really sure what you are asking here because you are mentioning several different things.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 9:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I am not sure what you are asking.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2011