I am very touchy feely, affectionate. Hes not. Any1 else have this dynamic?

I dont wanna smother him but i feel unwanted w/o the lovey cuddling stuff. How do u handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, my husband and I have this dyynamic. but I am the unafectionate one! I can tell you that it's nothing personal it's just who we are. IFor myself, I think it stems from childhood, my father wasn't in the picture and my mother wasn't the HUGGIE , tell you she loved you type. But, I've been married now for 12 yrs. and it took my hubby a while to understand, but now he gets it. i wish I was different and I do try to make an effort but it's a very uncomfortable feeling. Hopefully you two can find a happy medium!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My DH is the cuddly one. I would rather never touch him (except sexy time). I always give him attention when I think he needs it but I am not an initiator.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• oops! I mean to say I"M Not the affectionate one!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• He's affectionate, but I'm more so. We've both just kind of learned to compromise. I've learned to be content with a bit less affection than I'd like, and he's learned to give a bit more affection than he'd like.

If you love the person you're with, you learn to make things work as they are. And if you can't, if you still find yourself wanting more than they give, you have to look at whether it's whatever that "thing" is that is really the problem or if that's what you're latching onto as a sign of why the relationship won't work.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:29 AM on Mar. 17, 2011