Home made dog treats?

My 8 month old cocker has a really sensitive stomach. He has done from day one and after 5 months of tests and different vetinary prescribed diets we still don't have a definitive diagnosis. He's now on Wafcol puppy for really sensitive stomachs and he's not 100% on it, but is a bit better. He's got to try this food for 1 month and see hat happens....

Anyway my question is we are still training him obviously, he isn't allowed regular puppy treats, not even hypo-allergenic treats. Instead we have been given him bits of chicken breast (organic etc so we know its free from sh!t that could aggravate him) but a friend of mine suggested liver?

I would love to be able to give him something besides chicken, (something a bit cheaper would be nice) but i still want good quality stuff that is unlikely to set off his stomach. Would liver be too rich? How do i cook it?

little.knickers

Asked by little.knickers at 6:47 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pets

• Try Lamb... I know it sounds crazy and its fairly expeensive but little dogs dont need HUGE hamhocks either??? haha lamb is going to be the most gentle thing for your doggys stomach.. we have a great dane mix and he only gets treats once in awhile because of the same issues your dog is having...
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• http://www.ehow.com/how_2028899_treat-dogs-sensitive-stomach.html
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• hope that helps. GL. :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2011